CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Visions of the Future

Here is an actual conversation Carter and I had tonight as he was falling asleep:

Me: "Carter, even when you're a big daddy with little kids, I'll still love to give you hugs and kiss your head."

Carter : "Uh Mom, I won't be having little kids because I won't be married."

Me: "Why is that?"

Carter: "Because I want to stay with you" (awwwww...isn't that cute?)

Me: "Okay, that's fine."

Carter: "Mom, do you think they'll have different phones when I'm all grown up?"

Me: "Yes"

Carter: "hmmm...more new phones from the network Verizon Wireless"

and then he fell soundly asleep.

Please save me from the vision of a 35 year old Carter in my basement spending every penny on technological gadgets. Please.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

He's a boy. Technology is cool now - girls aren't. :) No worries, he can be someones tech-geek hubby someday. :)

Thanks for sharing. :) It made me smile. :)

Bonnie said...

That is awesome!! I love that you posted it! Thanks for brightening my day!

Amy said...

That country song "Online" by Brad Paisley came to mind. Watch the music video when you have a chance. HAHA

Monica said...

ha ha.. this made me laugh! 35 and in the basement. I wonder if he will wear a robe all day?

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

You make me laugh so hard, Audie. Ha! I can actually hear that conversation with your voice in my head! Carter sounds too cute, that is hillarious!

Kris Tina said...

Of course you can get a Christmas card - it was "returned to sender" I must have the wrong address (?) - carlstonemail at yahoo.com

Alecia&Kaylee said...

Ok... I'm just reading this and I'm totally laughing out loud(LOL!!!) He and my daughter need to get together!! At least that way we could get them married!!!? Kaylee's life exists on whether she has a phone in her hand!! The child can TEXT Audrey! It's frightening at the age of 6...so I'm totally hearing you on this!!! Thanks for the laugh!