CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Time


Okay, so Jeff and I are going to be out of town for Easter...I know, I know, mother of the year. Anyway, I'm on a mania to do "Easter things" before we go. We made some "arts and crafts" yesterday. Which was hilarious because you all know I'm not crafty. So today was the egg dyeing day. I've always done this with my mom's extended family and about a million kids. It has always been a fun family tradition, but, let's just say, a tradition you didn't want to have at your house. Picture 11 kids under 8 and about 12 dozen eggs. Add to that two sets of grandparents and 4 sets of parents supervising. It takes forever, lots of spills and a fight or two for good measure. Because this event wasn't in the cards for us this year, I was determined to bring a little of the party to my own house.

As soon as Spike fell asleep this morning, Carter and I set upon the project. I was expecting the worst. I'll say this, egg dyeing is a snap with one kid! One dozen down, only one broken egg and no spills. Start to finish, one half hour! I was expecting to have some chatting time with Carter. Unfortunately, he reported that , "I'm too busy working to talk Mom." Okay, over and out buddy. Lots of work was done today. The biggest hit was the use of the crayon to make "Cool Designs" on the eggs.

So in the end, the day was a success. Eggs are dyed. Fingers are green. Most importantly, I don't feel like a fully neglectful mother. I love these times with Carter!

Note the large amounts of blue and green eggs...the green one on the right is a "Dinosaur Egg!!!"

3 comments:

Amy said...

Carter is so FUNNY! You are a wonderful mom and don't you forget it! All mom's need a vacation.

Janelle said...

Welcome to the club so glad to have a peek into your life.

Monica said...

What the..??.. when did all this blog action start. Cute Easter eggs to go along with that cute boy. Have fun on your trip.