CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grrr..

So I walked out to my garden yesterday afternoon. The garden is mostly a failure, but the potatoes were growing. I noticed a giant pile of dirt in the middle of the garden. "What happened here?" I thought....I investigated further to see beets ripped to shreds and two lone potatoes scratched and scattered about. Then I saw the culprit...chicken bones given to Zoiee the night before. Apparently, she dug up the garden to hide them. I threw it out in rage and was mumbling to myself about how I wished the stupid dog hadn't wrecked the potatoes. This is what Carter said to me in the sweetest, most sincere voice ever, "Mom, you should be happy. She dug them up and peeled them for you. That is so nice of her." Oh to see the world through the eyes of a 5 year old.

P.S.---I brought the "damaged" potates in the house (I couldn't stand to throw them away.) Spike asked all day to "cook the dog tomato (AKA-potato)". I finally cooked for him and it was a big hit. Thanks Zoiee for providing a snack for Spike.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Bless their hearts, the cute little kids. I would be angry at the dog too! I am glad you found peace with the sad situation!

McIntire Madness said...

That is really funny! I can't believe your dog is still alive. Maybe you should stop giving her meds! hehe

Erin said...

Maybe the dog was really trying to help! Maybe you could train her.

Monica said...

Carter cracks me up. Happy Spike likes Dog Tomatoes

Blanck said...

Seriously that was so nice of your dog.