CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tickets and Prayers

Carter has been working on a reward program. If he does good things (as in going to bed without a tantrum, getting ready in the morning without me having a tantrum) he gets tickets. The tickets are redeemed for the various desires of a 4 year old. So far he has purchased lots of computer game time, a checkers game, and a trip to Chucky Cheese. (By the way, on the way home from Mr. Cheese, he feel asleep in the car singing, "it's the best day ever" song from Spongebob. )

Last night, as Jeff tucked him in bed, this was the prayer that Jeff and God heard, "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless Grandma and Grandpa. Bless me that I will sleep well and earn tickets so that I can see Monster's vs. Aliens coming to feeaters (otherwise known as "theaters") this Friday. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

Yes, he actually said, "Coming to theaters this Friday." So help me.....

7 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

Sounds like a great idea! I hope he gets to see his movie.

Janelle said...

I guess some of his tickets went to TV time.

Amy said...

Carter is soooo cute! The things they learn from TV are amazing! Garrett can repeat the entire commerical of Cash for Gold, LOL. If only School was in the form of TV, kids would learn a lot more!

Mandy said...

I love the tickets - what a GREAT idea!

Aren't kids funny? It cracks me up when kids say things like that...

Danielle said...

That is about the cutest thing ever. I love when kids adopt television commercial language as their own!

Kristen said...

I believe kids are who advertisers reach - no matter the product. I bet he can recognize more logos than you!

Ali said...

My Isabelle has had the day of Monsters vs. Aliens on a countdown!
It has been our bribe to many things this month including "brave" trip to the dentist. which wasn't so brave, but she actually got the cavity filled! Which we considered a success since we left last time both in tears and nothing accomplished. All I can say is it better be a dang good movie!