CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Wheels of Time

I turned 30 last week and I felt old. It wasn't the wrinkles or the softer body, no it was the feeling that life is going too fast. A week used to last forever. A month was an eternity and anything beyond that was unthinkable. Now, I have suddenly reached a point where I have any overwhelming desire for everything to SLOW DOWN. I love this time in my life. I love having my children small and in my arms. I love arguing about who loves who the most. Last night, Carter told me he loved me more than the solar system....what is better than that? Our support network is strong. Gone are the days of having parents that don't know anything. Suddenly, our parents are our friends, mentors and accomplices. They are planted firmly by our sides in raising our children and surviving life's adventures. We have good friends that have seen us through the best and the worst. Jeff and I are at a point in our marriage where we love each other not only for our strengths, but for our weaknesses. We are a formidable team. Together we believe that our dreams are possible. The future is ours to have. We are healthy and strong. Often I am struck by the realization that this life is better than I ever dreamed it could be. I may not be able to slow down time, but I can make the time count.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great post, and one that I need right now. Its fun to take a look at how great life is. BTW I love the 30's...so much better than the 20's.

Kristen said...

Beautifully said!

Andrea said...

I LOVE YOU !!!! Happy Birthday. I thought about you all day, I am glad you are in your 30's, now I don't feel so old! I hope all is well and you are not old. Yhanks for the reminder to love my kids!

Monica said...

You always have something monumental profound to say. 30's have been good to me. At least now you are the youngest in your age bracket once again instead of the oldest! Fresh young chicken.

Audrey said...

Monica,
That is the best thing I've heard yet. I'm going to embrace being the youngest in my bracket!

McIntire Madness said...

Well said. So far the 30s have treated me well!

Mandy said...

You have one year on me. :)

But I understand your feelings of everything going too quickly. But you put it alot better than I could. :)

Hope your birthday was fantastic. :)

Ali said...

Amen! Beautifully written Audrey.
Happy Birthday, we love ya, so glad to be one of your friends!

Cindy Williams said...

Lucky me...I'm you family!
MaBoo