CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Kid Can Eat!



For those of you who knew me when Carter was born, you'll remember that I was a complete nut job about his food. That boy was going to eat only the healthiest food around. No mac and cheese, spagetti o's? NOT MY KID. My child would eat healthy, whole foods. Let's just say that times changed. Fast forward to Spike. As many of you know, feeding him has been an issue. He doesn't tolerate wheat, gluten, dairy, and appears to be a little sensitive to eggs. No wonder he only weighs 16 lbs at one year, you can't get fat on fruit and rice cakes! Anyway, I've been longing for a "meal in can/pouch" for him. Packing a meal that he can and wants to eat every time we leave the house was starting to feel overwhelming. Plus, he's one now, and doesn't want to eat his lame0 stuff when everyone else is eating something yummy at a restuarant. Fortunatley, my mother-in-law is the queen of internet shopping and this week a box of food from gluten free mall arrived. It contained pouches of spaghetti-o's, rice and chili mac for kids with allergies. I just have to stick them in the microwave and Spike loves them. The first night he ate them, we all got a little teary. It was amazing to watch him eating with both hands and getting covered from head to toe in spaghetti. At this point in my life, I'm so grateful for the people who are making allergen-free food for little kids. It is such a blessing to be able to watch Spike eat something good and normal and offically "kid food".

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh those pictures aren't working but I can just imagine the joy he felt! That makes me tear up just thinking about it. CINDY is one of a kind for sure!! You are so lucky.

Audrey said...

I don't know what I'd do without Grandma Cinny...and that's the truth!

Erin said...

That is great, I couldn't imagine living with out my easy meals for my kids. I am glad you found something for him, that is a great story. (I couldn't see the pictures, but I am sure they were adorable)

Bonnie said...

I am kinda relieved to know that your kids eat as "good" as mine. I used to think I'd be a total healthy mom but my kids have had pizza twice this week. Trauma! Anyway, I'm glad you found some foods to help make your life easier. I don't think I would have survived that long!

Jessica said...

Is spike going to be roley poley the next time I see him?

Monica said...

Spikes going to get some chub goin.. and then I will have to feed Lucy lard through a feeding tube to keep up.

ldsppd said...

Audrey- this is totally random but we are having regular play groups on Monday at 10:30. We would love to have you come. If you're interested email me at sjcollings@hotmail, and then I'll have your email anyway. It's crazy that we're both ending up in Heber!!
Sara