CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad


Today the Brycer turns 60! I thought about what could say about my dad, and the better question is what isn't there to say. How do you sum up a man who loves loud techno music, duck hunting with his trusty (and naughty) springer Maggie, seafood, meatloaf, chocolate cake and ice cream. He has a soft spot for animals and spends the winter feeding hundreds of birds from his deck.He believes himself to be a snake charmer and hates the deer that eat his yard. He's a firm believer in "good medicine". He's a motivated man who is in constant motion. How else do you describe a man who worked 30 years as a fisheries biologist and then retired to run a boat rental?

I think the best way to describe him, is, he's my dad. He genuinely wants the best for everyone he meets. (Unless he hates you, then you're screwed). He's generous almost to a fault. He'll drop anything to hang out with my kids and our family. He works hard and is always learning new things. His dog couldn't ask for a better companion and he is one of Zoiee's only friends. He is an activities director, story teller and a self described "character". Dad, I'm proud of you and love you so much. Happy 60th!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I've only met your dad once and he was dressed up as a mountain man, or maybe he dresses like that every day. He sounds like a great man!

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday. You forgot to list vacation host as one of the many skills. We love your family!

Jessica said...

Your dad sounds like my dad-he sounds like a sweetie!

Bonnie said...

Happy birthday Bryce!

Kristen said...

I really like it! I hope I am not on his hate list - but I am probably that way too - it is efficient!