CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

How Can Someone so Cute be so Bad?


I had planned to write a post about our vacation today, but Spike just trumped it. I took him out of the bath this morning and put him down for a nap wearing just a diaper. Bad move. He has taken off his diaper a few times before, but it's never been a big mess. Usually, it's just been kind of funny to walk in on a kid with a bare bum in his bed. That said, I should have learned my lesson. I didn't.

I heard him fussing and went in to get him out of his bed. I opened the door and the smell hit me. You guessed it, poop. I quickly assessed the situation, disaster. He'd taken off the perfectly dry, clean diaper. Peed his bed, pooped his bed and then played in it. POOP EVERYWHERE! Everywhere but the diaper that is. I looked at him and screamed, "You didn't!" He looked back at me, pointed at the poo pile and said, "uh oh". Yeah, uh oh.

I thought about taking a picture. Then decided that was disgusting and he would be forever mortified. So, we took another bath and cleaned his room. Spike has now lost "diaper only" privileges and will be wearing a onsie at all times.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry! Nothing sucks as bad as a poop day. I think you should have taken a picture and used it as blackmail later in life.

Monica said...

ha ha.. He is always giving you good surprises. You have so many funny poo stories it's great.

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry! I love how you tell the days of all of our lives in wonderful stories. You are a super mom! If it makes you feel any better, Grace used to take her diapers off too. We had a poo day too! Fun!

Mandy said...

I'm sorry! I understand how you feel when that happens. I've had that happen with DarTanion AND Archer both! Hopefully it's a boy thing and Robyn won't try it... I agree with another comment on your page - you should have took a picture and saved it for blackmail later. Every parent needs a good blackmail photo... :)

Hope the vacation was fun! :)

Jessica said...

It is a good thing Spike is so cute...You do win the record for poop stories...probably not a title you want.