CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

John McCain


Heard in our car Saturday night:

Carter: "Mom, do you know who the next president of the United States is?"
Me: "No Carter, who?"
Carter: "John McCain is the next president"
Me: "Really? I'm not sure I support John McCain"
Carter: "Well, too bad. I'm a John McCain supporter."

How has this happened? My little Carter has grown up in a house of democrats, and yet at four years old, he's a John McCain supporter? I'm all for letting everyone pick their own politics, but I didn't expect him to pick so early!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Too cute. What a smart little guy! My kids are still trying to figure out how to say Barack Obama! Jaden claims he'll vote for Obama because he "looks good". Grace can say McCain so her vote is with him. We also have votes for both on either side of our family. Interesting! I wonder how much of this they will retain in their long term memory! Cory's grandma wanted to vote for Romney because he "looked like a President"

Jessica said...

Carter needs to skip a few grades he is too smart. As for his choice at least he isn't afraid to go against the grain!

Mandy said...

Isn't it great what kids say? It really makes you wonder "Where the crap did that come from?"

:) Thanks for sharing! :)

McIntire Madness said...

Well, it just shows that intelligence does skip a generation! (imagine that Randal said that to you, because I never would. I am too nice.) :)