CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changes

It seems that no matter how hard we fight it, change is an inevitable part of life. Generally, change terrifies me and I go into it with heels dug in, fighting the whole way. Later, I look back and realize that the change was for the better. My problem with change is that it requires faith, trust and patience. It requires that my stronger, zen-like self, must squash the hysterical woman inside me. I heard a few months ago that faith is a choice. That is, we must choose to be faithful. So, as our family goes through a serious of small and large changes over the next few months, I'm trying very hard to choose faithfulness. Armed with an arsenal of long baths, herbal tea, calming music, exercise, books that are more dramatic than my own life and prayer, I'm beginning the journey. The following is a quick list of some of the changes occuring this week:

1. The season has changed, fall is OVER and winter is here.
2. Apparently Carter grew over the summer. We'll be changing for all new snow clothes.
3. Barack Obama is the new president.
4. Spike is hungry and hasn't thrown up. The change to prevacid seems to be helping!
5.Our new house is almost done. We hope to be changing the ownership of our current home to someone else. Please, won't someone buy it?
6. Jeff has a new office. Oh wait, Jeff has a new job! Jeff is the new Solutions Architect for Prowess Consutling. His old company was bought out the same week that he got a great offer for this position in SLC.

It seems faith does work.


P.S.
So as I'm writing this, I have that stupid song, "cha, cha, cha changes..." in my head. If you don't know it, that makes sense because I only know the dumbest songs ever. If you do know it, then I hope it gets stuck in your head to :)

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I do know that song. You guys are so great I know that everything is going to be great for you. You are a strong fantastic woman Audrey you are going to handle everything wonderfully(That's my personal tarot card reading for you) And on top of all of that you have a ton of friends who are willing to do anything for you. Sounds pretty great to me! Call anytime for therapy, bath salts, babysitter or lunch.

Amy said...

As you know we just went through a lot of change also the last few months and I know EXACTLY what you are going through! You are right, in the end everything will work out fine and you wonder why did I fight it because it was the best thing for us. Hang in there! Spike keeping food down??! That is an answer to prayers in itself! I am so glad you found something that works for him!

Monica said...

Change will be good! I am excited for you to move to your new house. A night out for book club tonight should be apart of your therapy!

Nicole said...

Oh Audrey I am glad to know Spike is doing well on prevacid the road must seem a little brighter? A new house will be so wonderful.. there is nothing better, but then you get to pay for it. lol You will have to share pictures when you get in it. Congrats to your hubby on his new job and where are your Halloween pics?

Janelle said...

Sometimes I feel like my life is lacking change so enjoy your adventures!

McIntire Madness said...

Congrats on all the changes! I also have to tame the hysterical woman inside of me, but good thing we married calmer men! I can't wait to see your house.

Audrey said...

Thanks for the boost everyone! I'm missing book club tonight to work on the floors in the new house, but....if you're bored on the way home, stop by and check out the house!

Mandy said...

It does sound like most of the changes are positive! :) Glad your little guy is doing better and, you know, it's not so bad when the big ones get bigger. More that you can hand off to them to do!

GOOD LUCK!

:) Mandy

Rick and T said...

change makes life so exciting! selling a house makes your life hell
what is the price and address kristen is looking
she needs a yard for 2 dogs

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the new job for Jeff and on Spike doing good on prevacid. I love that medicine!! I am so excited to see pictures of your new house. Better yet, why don't you let us come help you. I actually enjoy helping on someone else's house. Hang in there!!

Nick, Kristen, Kaysen, Breklyn and Brayden said...

Audrey we love you!! Change can be the hardest thing but so wonderful also. I am so excited for you about your new home, new job and about Spike. That is so awesome. If you need anything please let me know.