CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beautiful Fall Days

#2. I am grateful for unexpected, beautiful fall days. After last week's snow, I'd all but given up on sunny afternoons. Yesterday, Carter asked if we could have a picnic outside. I agreed and we ate lunch on the porch and played freeze tag and Simon says. Later, Carter mixed up a batch of bubbles and we sat on the back porch blew bubbles in the warm, still fall air. Spike woke up and we fed the horses a bunch of old carrots. Scorpion and the mule (who's name we can't remember. Carter told me she didn't have a name, she's just a plain old mule) were making noises as they clamored for carrots. Spike thought the horse sounds were the funniest things he'd ever heard and would crack up every time. Soaking up the last of the fall sun was a great way to spend our afternoon, and I am grateful for it.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

I love this post.